Bought a kitten and he meows constantly. Why a kitten can constantly meow
- What to do if a kitten constantly meows?
- The reasons for the constant cry of a kitten
- Difficult adaptation
- Mother's call
- To attract attention
- Expression of love
- The arrival of spring
- Illness, pain
- The reasons for the frequent meowing of adult cats
- Cat anxiety when you need to contact a veterinarian
- How to calm the screaming cat
It has been scientifically proven that the sounds reproduced by the cat carry certain information. If we are talking about kittens, their meowing can be regarded as a desire to express their desires and needs.
What to do if a kitten constantly meows?
Everything that happens to your pet should be in moderation. If you notice that he almost constantly “screams”, of course you should pay attention to it. Many people think about why meows for no reason, but it is worth noting that often the reason is always psychological or physical. In a normal state, a physically healthy animal will not make extra sounds. The root cause of why a kitten meows constantly may be hunger. The demand for food from the owner is accompanied by a loud meow and anxiety. Another reason may be that it simply requires your attention and affection. Do not forget that small kittens need to be petted, caressed, they want to feel warm and protected. The period of weaning from mother cats may be accompanied by a similar prolonged reaction of the baby. In this case, you need to pay attention to him, play with him and be patient. It is important to check the health of your furry friend, because the cause of his constant meowing may be different. Helminthiasis is a very common disease, very often disturbing small pets.
To avoid such problems, do not forget to timely examine your animal at the vet. If you are thinking about how to wean a kitten meow, then first of all think about what is the cause of this behavior of the animal. The faster you can find the cause, the sooner you can eliminate it.
The reasons for the constant cry of a kitten
The reasons are different, both physical and psychological.
Demanding food from the owner, a small fluffy lump expresses anxiety and begins to meow loudly. Treat your pet with something delicious, he will calm down and will not annoy you with his "crying". Below is the approximate diet of a little kitten.
- Meat. In cooking for a small pet, you can only use poultry, beef, lamb or horse meat. Meat must be boiled beforehand. In no case do not buy a kitten pork , it contains a lot of fat and there may be helminths.
- A fish. Despite the fact that all representatives of the cat family are not indifferent to this seafood, they should not get involved. Its frequent use can provoke urolithiasis in a kitten. Kittens should be given fish in boiled form, without stones and not more often than once a week. Eggs can be given both raw and boiled.
- Milk products. Instead of whole cow's milk, baby should be given fermented milk products, like ryazhenka, yogurt and kefir.
- A mixture of cottage cheese, milk and chicken yolk will certainly please your fluffy friend. Sometimes you can treat him to a small piece of cheese.
- At least 2 times a week, the kitten should receive chicken eggs. Their use has a beneficial effect on the growth of the pet and the luster of its wool.
- Be sure to include in the diet a variety of cereals , except for the "Hercules" and legumes.
- Clean water should always be available.
After eating, the kitten will stop meowing and you can safely go about your business.
A kitten, once in an unfamiliar environment, gets a lot of stress, anxiety and fear of the unknown. The kid, just excommunicated from his mother and his brothers, misses them a lot, starts meowing loudly and pitifully. Especially acute this situation is experienced very tiny kittens (up to 2 months of age). In this case, you will need a maximum of patience and calm.
Young tailed pets, like children, require from the owner not only attention, but also knowledge. After all, the presence of kittens in the house is not always peace, games and the joy of communication. Sometimes the owners suffer from the fact that they do not know how to help their young wards, because they do not understand what is happening to them. It happens, and when kids constantly meow. What do they want to tell? What help is needed?
When kittens are separated from their mother, they are under severe stress. After all, mom for kids is a means of comfort, protection, safety and support of immunity.
At first, young cats simply do not know how to behave without a mother, they suffer from a lack of warmth. Im scared. It is during this period that they meow, badly needing the care of a mother cat. Such crying during the period of adaptation to the host may not subside for hours at all. What to do in such a situation the owner?
We must have patience and show maximum care for the little one. Take him in your arms, stroke, talk to him, hold him close and warm him. The heat emanating from you will in some way replace the mother. Adaptive stress in a kitten can last several days, and maybe even longer, if you take the baby too early in the house. It is recommended to do this no sooner than it turns two months.
The desire to eat is the most typical reason for the kitten's discontent and its long meow. The young pet asks for food in this way, and this is normal. Perhaps you give him too small portions, feed rarely?
A well-fed kitten will sleep a lot and feel satisfied. Maybe the baby you feed with dry food needs water? She should always be freely available to him.
To attract attention
Many owners believe that a young pet can stay in the house for a long time and feel good at the same time. Not! Kittens need attention as much as babies. They really need communication, affection, games. And if a baby stays at home alone all day long while you are at work, then naturally, in the evening he will want to “tell” you how he missed you, how sad and lonely he was. Meowing he just attracts attention. Take your time, talk, play - and he will calm down.
Expression of love
Many owners are surprised: when the cat is good, he should not meow, he purrs like a tractor. But some animals express their love for the owner loudly, and the kittens quietly purr just do not know how. Again, thank the kid with return attention, stroke, pick up.
The arrival of spring
It would seem that with the onset of the first spring heat, instincts awaken only in adult cats. But if your kitten is no longer a baby, but a teenager who is 6 months old, then it is quite possible that the first signs of sexual behavior are beginning to show up, hormones make themselves felt. Veterinarians recommend preparing for this period in advance. If you are not going to have offspring from your ward, then it should be sterilized in time. In this case, the owners will be able to avoid not only the draft spring meows, the complete ignoring of the owner, but also damage to household property. Sterilization is a radical way to avoid such problems. There are more acceptable options, for example, hormone therapy. Find a reliable tool to help you vet.
So, for no reason, the cub will not meow. There is always a reason for this, just to find it out, to identify it precisely and eliminate it alone can be difficult. So, if a young Fluffy has become a member of your family, you should always have a good vet who can help.
A little kitten is first and foremost a growing organism that can face some problems. If the baby is concerned, you, as the owner, should immediately pay attention to it. Often breeders are faced with the question, why does the kitten constantly meow? In this article you will find the answer to it.
The reasons for this behavior can be several, as soon as you figure out which one applies to your pet - you will be able to quickly find a solution.
1. Difficult adaptation
Relocating to a new home is a stress for a kitten. If you have just taken him away from the mother and other kittens, then he can mew on this occasion. Very small kittens, which are not yet two months old, are particularly susceptible to this stress.
The solution of the question is not difficult - you need to create conditions for him similar to those in which he lived with his mom-cat. Prepare for him a warm heating pad, wrapped in a soft cloth, preferably in a fluffy. In this way, he will feel warm, similar to mom's, and will be able to fall asleep quickly. Give him as much attention as possible, and then he will understand that instead of her mother, she has a new breadwinner and protector - a man. As a rule, the adaptation takes from several days to a week, then the kitten will be able to completely relax and realize that he is at home.
2. Lack of attention
If the kitten has been living with you for more than the first week, but it still gives signs of anxiety and constantly meows - this is a reason to think about whether you are giving enough attention to it. Domestic cats for the most part are social creatures, they constantly need to feel that they are not alone.
Play more with the kitten, talk to him, go to the contact, even if he is a little afraid of you. In the latter situation you should not be zealous and communicate with the kitten only when he shows interest to you. Buy or make toys for him so that he can have fun when you are not at home. Cats just need a little bit for happiness!
3. Health problems
However sad it may be, such restless behavior may indicate health problems. The kitten feels bad and wants to somehow show the owner to the best of its ability.
You need to watch the pet, first of all paying attention to how regularly he eats and goes to the toilet. If the kitten is active, eats with appetite, and goes to the toilet regularly, then most likely health problems are not your case, once again carefully read through the first two points.
Most often, the kittens "complain" about digestive problems, because in the new house he switched to a new food, and the body needs to get used to it somehow. More often, stroke the kitten on the tummy, as the mother cat did when licking it. This massage perfectly stimulates the digestive system.
When a long-awaited meowing creature appears in the house, a lot of worries emerge besides joy. One of which is why the kitten constantly meows? Most owners will become concerned when the tone of the voice changes or if the pet starts to meow at night. Zoologists argue that a change in timbre may indicate that the animal is hungry or is worried about something, or he wants to go to the toilet. In our article we will talk about what to do if the cat constantly meows, and how to respond to the owner.
The reasons for kittens meowing are different from why adult cats give a voice:
- When he says that he is under stress, especially if he was only taken to the house. In this case, the animal must be allowed to get comfortable and leave it alone.
- Common causes If the kitten is only taken into the house - this is what it feels like hunger. The fact is that the animal does not know where the bowl or toilet is, the baby is not used to the location yet.
- When a kitten meows, it means that you need to play with it, as if it attracts attention to itself in this way.
- If kittens meow at night outside the door, then you should not indulge in this. Otherwise, it can become a habit, he will understand that they play with him. Then the cat will react in a similar way.
- Most the best reason - is an expression of love.
The reasons for the frequent meowing of adult cats
- Frequent causes are pet chilling, his voice grows louder and sharper. When there is a cat at home, during sexual activity, he will shout in such a heart-rending voice that if the pet is not used for breeding, then it is better to castrate him.
- It happens that a spoiled pet will follow you, and shout until it replaces the food they don’t like. What to do in this situation is up to the owner. Maybe the owner will change the food, to another, more beloved animal, and may offer to eat what they give.
- Sometimes a pet yells and walks at night, because cats are predatory animals, and night is hunting time for them. In this case, you can try not to give your pet sleep during the day or try to get another kitten. Maybe together they will be more fun.
- When a cat meows strongly, you need to check whether it needs help, maybe it hurts something? This can be checked by touching the tail, legs, back, tummy. If he does not respond to touch, then he is all right.
Cat anxiety when you need to contact a veterinarian
If the cat is worried when it goes to the toilet, then you do not need to worry if it has banished worms. However, all the necessary conditions must be met:
- If the cat meows and at this time is scratching your ear, then you need to go to the vet, perhaps he has a tick or an allergy.
- If a cat is shivering and it is meowing, then it is worth paying attention if it does not feel hunger or cold. If not, then it is necessary to visit the veterinarian, to check whether he has a spinal injury.
- If an adult animal goes to the toilet and meows, then this is a reason to visit the clinic, perhaps he has urolithiasis.
- It is necessary to visit the vet if the pet is meowing, often goes to the toilet and refuses to eat.
- If the pet makes hoarse sounds, as if experiencing a hindrance, then the specialist’s help is necessary, perhaps he has worms in his heart, and maybe viral disease .
- If the cat makes a heart-rending cry, then perhaps he has any injury or abdominal pain. If the abdomen is hard, like a swollen drum, then you should immediately contact the veterinarian. In the normal position, the tummy should be soft and light pressure does not bring any concern to the animal.
How to calm the screaming cat
What should I do if I constantly scream at home, formerly a calm and even lazy cat? The owner has only one way out - this is a vet consultation. If the animal has any disease, the doctor will cure it and make life easier for the owner.
Perhaps the pet shows anxiety from unsatisfied sexual activity. The use of hormonal agents that reduce cravings in a pet is harmful to his health. There are two ways out: either let the cat go for a walk or castrate it.
You can try to feed your pet for the night, it will need more energy to process food. Consequently, the cat will sleep at night.
It is necessary to be wary of drugs such as Cote-Bayun or Feliwei. They can be used only in extreme cases, since they are dangerous for the animal, you must first be sure that the pet has no health problems.
Attentive owner will always determine the tone of the voice of his pet if he has any health problems. Necessary attention and care will help to survive this difficult period not only for the cat, but also for the owner.What to do if a kitten constantly meows?
What to do if a kitten constantly meows?
What do they want to tell?
What help is needed?
What to do in such a situation the owner?
Perhaps you give him too small portions, feed rarely?
Maybe the baby you feed with dry food needs water?
Often breeders are faced with the question, why does the kitten constantly meow?
One of which is why the kitten constantly meows?
When a cat meows strongly, you need to check whether it needs help, maybe it hurts something?