How to starten a newborn baby dress. Starter preparation. How to deal with children's outfit?
- 2 Instructions for preparing the solution
- 3 starching process
- How to starch things?
- Starter preparation
- Starch Solution Preparation Rules
- Skirt starter stages
- Tulle skirt
- Mesh skirt
- Strap dress
- Preparation of the solution
- How to starten a dress or skirt?
- Wedding dress nuances
- How to deal with children's outfit?
- Starter Types
- Starter preparation
- Starch Solution Preparation
- Strap dress
The use of starch at home for some clothes allows you to:
- Make the fabric tougher.
- Make the shape of the dress more voluminous.
- A starched outfit will be beautiful, festive, it will look perfect.
- The starch layer plays a kind of protective role. It serves as a dirt barrier. Keeps longer freshness attire.
- It is easier to wash the stains, not allowing them to penetrate deep into the fabric due to the film of starch.
- Keep a perfect look. The clothes are not so crumpled, they keep their shape longer. Collars and cuffs will be persistent, highlighted.
2 Instructions for preparing the solution
First you need to decide on the concentration of the solution. It depends on the type of fabric, and how tough the material should be.
Types of mixture:
- Soft solution - used for lightweight fabrics like chiffon. Proportions: 0.5 tsp. starch in 1 liter of water.
- Medium hardness solution - used for cotton, flax, knitted goods from natural yarn. The proportions taken in the calculation of 1 tbsp. l on 1 l of water.
- Hard solution - suitable only for the selection of individual sections of the order. So starch collars, cuffs, petticoats. The mixture is prepared at the rate of 2 tbsp. l starch in 1 liter of water.
- In the capacity to pour the right amount of starch. Add some cool water to it.
- Stir the mixture so that the consistency resembles thick sour cream. It is necessary to carefully knead the lumps, all the grains of starch should be soaked with water. It is very important to achieve a homogeneous mixture.
- Then pour a thin stream of boiling water. Mix everything thoroughly. Leave to cool.
- If the solution becomes cloudy, it must be boiled for 3-5 minutes. This happens if the water is too hard or poor-quality starch.
3 starching process
After preparing the solution, you can proceed to the process at home. But before you need a thing to wash and remove all the spots:
- The outfit is placed in a container with a solution completely, all parts must be under water. But the product should not swim.
- After 30-40 minutes, you need to turn the product several times in solution. Then pull out, check for missing sections. If such is, once again properly moisten with paste.
- Dress pull out a little squeeze. Shake and hang on hangers.
- The product is dried on the hanger at room temperature, without the use of additional heat sources.
- When the outfit is dry, but it is still wet, it should be ironed. Then all the folds are smoothed, the dress takes shape. If the moment was missed, the dress is dry, it is still necessary to iron it. Just do it through a wet cloth or slightly sprinkle with water from a spray bottle. You can not otparivat, the thing will lose rigidity.
- Leave the dress on the hangers to dry at room temperature.
Strange, but not every young fashionista knows how to starch fabric, and why it is generally necessary. And yet, it is this technique that makes it possible to return the product to its original fresh look. In this article we will look at how to starch the dress step by step.
How to starch things?
For a start, let's stop on why starch underwear and clothing. Firstly, it makes the fabric more rigid and dense, which prevents it from quickly losing its shape. As a result, your clothes become fresh and their original appearance returns. All decorative cuffs, lace or ruffles are also transformed and become as new.
Before you starch, you must determine the degree. There are three options: soft, medium or hard. It all depends on the concentration of starch and your goals.
Now let's consider step by step how to properly starch things:
- pre-wash clothes and remove all stains from them;
- in an enamel pot, we dissolve a teaspoon of starch with cold water (this is the concentration for soft starch) to the consistency of sour cream;
- in order to starch the fabric, we dilute this mixture with boiling water as much as possible so that there are no lumps;
- as soon as the solution cools, it's time to starch the dress: just drop the thing in it and then stand out, hang out to dry.
To prevent things from sticking to the iron after this treatment, a couple of drops of turpentine should be added to the solution. After starter, things will shine if you add a teaspoon of salt there.
If you want knitted things in order, they should be dried on a horizontal surface on absorbent fabric. All lace ruffles are laid out and fixed with pins to keep their shape. If we are talking about a wedding dress, then only a petticoat or a petticoat is starchy, with children's holiday dresses they do the same.
In order to quality starter skirt, you need to properly prepare the solution.
Recently, my daughter received the role of the princess of flowers, and at the same time the task for her mother was to make a magnificent dress. I, completely knowledgeable in matters of needlework, turned to a familiar dresser. She told me how to make an outfit with her own hands and how to starch the petticoat for her dress to all standards.
Oddly enough, but I managed to create a stunning outfit for my daughter. I will tell you all the secrets.
Bundles of ballerinas for a reason keep their shape for so long. Costume designers qualitatively prepared to care for things speakers. First you need to prepare the inventory:
Proper preparation of the product is also required:
- Things need to be washed.
- During washing, rinse it thoroughly so that no traces of powder remain. If you do not, on the skirt or dress get ugly stains.
- After washing, inspect the skirt for the presence of lumps of adhering dirt - it will be quite difficult to remove it frozen in starch.
Starch Solution Preparation Rules
To ensure that the product does not suffer, it is very important to maintain the correct proportions when preparing the solution.
Experiment before use - prepare a solution of one teaspoon. In terms of density, it should resemble jelly. Try to starch the invisible part of the skirt.ImageInstruction
Place two tablespoons of starch on the bottom of the container.
Fill the powder with 50 ml of cold water and mix thoroughly. Then add another 50 ml of boiling water.
Add boiling water slowly, constantly stirring the contents.
Stir everything so that there are no lumps.
If the mixture turned out to be muddy and with lumps, heat it on the fire for 5 minutes, stirring.
Skirt starter stages
How to starch the petticoat at home correctly? First, determine the material with which you will work. This is important because the technology of starching different tissues is different.
Before starching the tulle, you need to know that only the lower layers of the petticoat are amenable to processing. Do not allow the starch mixture to touch the front layer
- Spread out the skirt on the oilcloth , straighten it as much as possible.
- Using a sponge, start applying starch solution from the lower layers to the upper ones.
Before moving to the next layer of the petticoat, let each previous one dry slightly. The volume of tulle skirt must be constantly maintained with the help of starch.
It is not as difficult to grind a skirt from a grid as it seems. The process requires only patience and accuracy.
- Dip the product into the starch solution completely for 5-7 minutes .
- Take out and gently squeeze the skirt . Try not to twist the skirt and do not squeeze it dry - because of this, the product will be ugly to doubt.
- Dry the starched object with an iron.
When ironing, choose a delicate mode and iron until the skirt is completely dry.
Magnificent attires, whether it be a wedding dress or a baby outfit at a matinee, are now at the height of fashion. Cabin services are not the cheapest, but I want to look beautiful all the time.
To dress the dress at home is much easier than you can imagine:
- Cool the starch solution to room temperature.
- Dip the product into the container for 5-10 minutes and evenly distribute it in the liquid so that the starch evenly gets on each element.
- Gently squeeze the dress . Try not to make an effort.
- Dry the dress on a hanger , straightening all the folds.
Photo - subtlety is important during processing - pay attention to even the smallest details to make the product look spectacular.
As it turned out, it is very easy to give pomp to your clothes at no extra cost if you know how to prepare the starch mixture correctly. How to make fluffy skirt on the Tutu dress with your own hands, you will learn from the video in this article.
Give the dress an original look with the help of starching.
Fluffy starched dress is the base stylish image and any celebration. Wedding, graduation in kindergarten, school matinee - these events are united by a fashionable outfit with a solid standing skirt. At home, you can starch the baby or wedding dress, skirt and petticoats, as well as protect things from dirt and dust. This function is performed by a starch layer.
At home, use starch. You can buy ready-made sprays in the store: they simplify the process. With their help, it is easier to starch separate parts of the attire - collars, cuffs. For things completely easier to use potato, corn, rice starch. This substance is resistant, so the skirt keeps its shape well.
There are other ways: using PVA glue, gelatin solution, sugar. But starch for this procedure is used more often.
Preparation of the solution
It all depends on well-prepared mixture. If you do not respect the proportions, time, the solution does not work concentrated. As a result, the skirt will not be fluffy. To prepare the solution will require:
- starch itself;
- boiling water;
- spoon or other tool for mixing;
- glass container. Must be resistant to high temperature. Sometimes the solution is boiled;
- the product itself.
starch is poured at the bottom of the tank;
cold water is added first. The mixture must be thoroughly mixed. The consistence will turn out white color . It is viscous, resembles sour cream;
the mass needs to be mixed. At the same time boiling water is added to the mixture. Important point: there should not be lumps in the mixture. If they are formed, it is necessary to mix everything well with a spatula. Lumps will not let the clothes starch. The consistency should resemble a paste;
if the solution is dark, cloudy, it is boiled for 5–10 minutes.
How to cook starch? Video tip:
How to starten a dress or skirt?
The procedure does not take much time, and the effect of it is very obvious.
The mixture is removed from heat, allowed to cool. Things cannot be dipped into a hot solution, they will deteriorate. The consistency cools to room temperature. Then you can start. In the container immersed product. It should evenly absorb the mixture. To do this qualitatively, it is necessary to straighten the details, ruffles, wedges.
Then get the dress. Check if there are any vacant areas. Squeeze, drain the liquid.
The solution should dry. For this, a dress or skirt is placed on a hanger, straighten all the details. This must be done as the folds freeze. It will be difficult to straighten them. You can not dry with a hairdryer, put the thing in a room where it is very hot. Drying is recommended at room temperature. Can not be placed on the balcony, especially in cold weather.
While the dress is still dry, it is stroked. Thus it will not be difficult to give shape to it. If the outfit is already completely dry, it is moistened with water, then ironed.
Wedding dress nuances
Lubricate the starch skirts of the wedding dress with a solution of starch and, without waiting for them to dry out, immediately press them on.
How to starch the wedding dress at home? To dress for a wedding celebration was lush, it is necessary to starch only the petticoats, and the top not to touch. It is possible to regulate the process: process all the skirts at once, or only two or three. The pomp of the outfit itself depends on it.
Petticoats are treated with a solution, but do not wait for complete drying, and immediately ironed. Otherwise it will not work out to make the skirts of the desired shape.
How to deal with children's outfit?
Lush dresses are appropriate for children's parties in the garden. Starch outfit the way described above: work only with a petticoat, and the top skirts do not touch. If there is no petticoat, then the skirt itself is treated. While the fabric is still wet, smooth the fabric.
To starch the petticoat is easy. But there is no need to wait for the final drying: it will be hard, and it will be difficult to shape it. It is better to iron it in a slightly damp state. Too lush petticoats straighten, paying special attention to detail and folds.
Similar to tutu skirts made of tulle starch as follows:
gently apply the mixture with a sponge on each layer. First work with the lowest;
to touch the upper layers is optional, everything is optional;
can not be dried in the cold, heat;
iron the top layer thoroughly.
Do not get in shape:
things black. From the mixture will remain white spots;
synthetic fiber clothing;
- underwear. This is not recommended because the fabric will become waterproof. For skin this is not good.
Starch is an excellent substance for shaping a skirt or a festive dress.
To get an elegant spectacular dress, try starching it. Also pleasant appearance it will become less dirty and dirty. The starching procedure is quite simple and is available at home.
The amount of starch used dissolved in water determines the degree of concentration of the solution and, accordingly, different starching results. Things sewn from light fabrics, starch in a soft solution, consisting of 0.5-1 tsp. Starch per 1 liter of water. Medium hardness solution is used for shirts, bedding, cotton, and linen fabrics. It consists of 1 tablespoon of starch per 1 liter of water. A stiff consistency solution is used much less frequently, mainly for starching cuffs, petticoats in a multi-layered dress. The fabric becomes quite stiff and gives the pomp to the product. It is prepared from 2 tablespoons of starch per 1 liter of water.
The dress should be carefully washed, you need to check - if there are no third-party yellow spots. Before starching, they must be removed, as the effect of starch can strengthen and consolidate them. To remove such spots helps the solution of hydrogen peroxide. Apply it on the stain and set to dry in the sun, it is advisable not to use a heater or hair dryer.
In addition to the traditional starch dilution method, there are many convenient sprays or liquids sold in hardware stores. Spray sprinkle certain areas and ironed with an iron, it is indispensable when nadkhkhalivanii cuffs, collars. If you want to starch all the dress, here is better suited liquid, which is poured directly into washing machine . It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions for use, and the result will not disappoint you. If it is impossible to use ready-made products, you can prepare a solution at home with the use of food starch.
Starch Solution Preparation
After determining the degree of desired starching and the amount of the desired solution, proceed to the preparation. From the amount of water used, you need to pour into a separate container about 1-2 cups and dilute the starch in it until complete dissolution. The rest of the water is brought to a boil. Be sure to reduce the heat and in the boiling water in a thin stream enter the dissolved starch. Do not forget to constantly stir the preparing solution, in order to avoid the formation of lumps. If this could not be prevented, it is necessary to strain the solution through several layers of gauze. The resulting paste should be transparent.
After the solution has cooled down, it is necessary to place the dress in it and leave it for some time to better absorb the paste. Of course, periodically you should turn over and straighten the product. In a few minutes you can get the dress. We do not squeeze it strongly and set it to dry. It is better to do this on a hanger, it is recommended to dry at room temperature.
You need to iron the dress when it is still a little wet. It is very difficult to dry out the dried starchy fabric, all the time you will have to sprinkle the dress with water or use wet gauze. The use of steam and high power of the iron is also highly undesirable.
Your favorite dress can look amazing. Try to starch it, following the instructions above.How to starch things?
How to cook starch?
How to starch the wedding dress at home?
How to deal with children's outfit?